How To Connect/Pair iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay In Honda Vehicles
Do you live and breathe for all of the latest and greatest tech trends? With consumer tech products hotter than they’ve ever been before, this mindset makes perfect sense. Subsequently, you’re probably eager to─or might have even already─snapped up the new iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR. And with its impressive attribute list, we don’t blame you here either.
But what about its Apple CarPlay potential? We’re glad you asked.
How do I Connect my iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay in my Honda Vehicle?
If your Honda vehicle has Apple CarPlay capability, follow these quick-and-easy steps.
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. If the CarPlay Home screen doesn’t appear, select the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
- If your car supports CarPlay over a wired solution, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car. See your car’s manual for more information.
- If your car has one, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel. Then ask what you need.
- If you have a touch screen, touch and hold the Home button in CarPlay until Siri appears on your stereo display. Then ask what you need.